Decision Day
Decision Day
Through numerous class discussions, individual studies, and analysis, I have come to the decision on whether to create a film or a magazine for my project. Both sides weigh equally in terms of ease, experience, and pull, but unfortunately, I am only able to choose one.
I'll start with InDesign. When we were discussing and reviewing InDesign's features in class, I felt very familiar with the tools due to my experience with Photoshop. For example, most of the tools were similar such as the pen tool, the brush tool, the shape tool, the eyedropper tool, and many others. I am certified in Photoshop 2020, and InDesign's software is very similar to photoshops software. So, when looking for the tool I needed, I knew how to use it and where to find it easily.

Though while testing out InDesign, even though I felt very familiar with the program's features, I didn’t feel a pull or excitement to create a magazine using it, which sprouted discouragement in my decision of creating a magazine.
While we were testing and discussing Premiere Pro, on the other hand, the software that we would use for filmmaking, it was as if my reasons on InDesign were completely flipped. I didn’t know too much about the software, and I'm not certified in any sort of filmmaking software, (except for the small section in photoshop). But what I did enjoy about Premiere Pro was the pull that I had towards a new software that was very interesting to me. After getting used to the basics little by little, I started to understand the flow and the locations of basic tools and features. Though at the moment I am still vastly inexperienced with Premiere Pro, my skill in Photoshop, and my pull towards the software itself, should help me by picking it up quickly.

So, through multiple discussions and overviews, I have decided that I will be selected to create a film for my project, using Premiere Pro or other software similar to it. Also, during my individual studies, there were other factors in choosing my final decision as well. For example, in the article “Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom”, written by Wayne R. Cherry, he states how through films and creativity he and many others were able to express and emphasize ideas and morals. In my eyes, even a short film would have more effect than a magazine if done correctly.
In addition, Joey Franklin, author and doctoral student in English and creative writing, published an article where he discussed the state that magazines are in during these times. The conversations explained that many writers don’t have the money for literary magazines, and even though there are other ways to access them, magazine readership is painfully low. This was another core reason I decided on shooting a film because magazines a seeming to have a very gruesome future.
Comments
Post a Comment